Villa life in Espoo
Villa Rulludd, the Villa Museum of the Espoo City Museum is located at the seaside on a beautiful peninsula. It is a rare remaining example of early villa architecture of the coast of Uusimaa province. It is also a journey into more than a century of summers and the rich and colourful villa life of the Kihlman family.
Alfred Kihlman, a prominent politician, businessman, pastor and educator, built the villa in 1873. Two decades later his son, Procurator Lorenzo Kihlman, built his own summer home next to the original villa, also known as the Winter Villa. The two villas on Rulludden were connected by a porch in 1908. After these changes, the architectural style of the building complex had elements of four distinctly different periods.
Villa Rulludd was the summer home of the Kihlmans, a family with great influence in Finnish cultural life, for six generations until 1980 when it was acquired by the City of Espoo. Today, the upstairs of the building houses the Villa Museum.
Did you visit the Villa Museum? Give us feedback!
Open 11.00 am - 3.00 pm on the first Sunday of each month.
KAMU ESPOO CITY MUSEUM'S SAFETY MEASURES
Please read our customer safety guidelines when visiting the museums. The guidelines are immediately updated whenever the situation warrants it.
We are looking forward to seeing you again!
• We require that over 15-year-olds wear a face mask on our premises and when attending our events.
• Please do not visit us if you are ill or suspect that you might be ill.
• Use the hand sanitiser stations found in the lobby, the restaurant and the museums.
• Cough correctly – into your sleeve or a disposable tissue, which you should immediately throw away.
• Please maintain a safe distance from other customers and staff and consider others when moving inside the museum.
• Museums have signs or staff instructing visitors on the route to take through the museum.
• We have removed touchable objects from the public spaces and museum facilities.
• If you have any questions or wish to submit feedback about our safety measures during your visit, please contact our customer service or other staff.