A cultural meeting place
Based in the former offices of the Weilin&Göös publishing house designed by legendary Finnish architect Professor Aarno Ruusuvuori (1925–1992), WeeGee is a museum, exhibition and event hub in Espoo. It houses two museums: EMMA – Espoo Museum of Modern Art and KAMU – Espoo City Museum. WeeGee also houses the EMMA shop and a café and restaurant Cafe Zoceria WeeGee. In the yard is the Futuro house, designed by architect Matti Suuronen, which is open to the public from May to September. Exhibitions are also on display in Studio Suuronen. WeeGee offers visitors experiences and inspiration all year round. Welcome to visit us!
November 25th 2020
Kyösti Kakkonen’s unique design collection to be displayed permanently at WeeGee Exhibition Centre in Tapiola, Espoo – exhibition’s new facilities mark significant expansion for EMMA
Long-term collector, Commercial Counsellor Kyösti Kakkonen is depositing Collection Kakkonen, his design collection focusing on Finnish glass and ceramics, to EMMA – Espoo Museum of Modern Art. The City of Espoo, EMMA and Kyösti Kakkonen have made a long-term collaboration agreement on displaying the collection. The internationally significant Collection Kakkonen features Finnish design from modernism to the present day. The depositing of the collection strengthens Espoo’s cultural offering significantly, along with the WeeGee-located EMMA’s position as an art museum showcasing design. The collection opens to the public in November 2022.
The Event and Cultural Services of Espoo’s safety measures during the 2020 autumn season
We comply with safety instructions and guidelines issued by the Regional State Administrative Agency, the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, the Ministry of Education and Culture and the City of Espoo.
Please read our customer safety guidelines when visiting the exhibition centre. The guidelines are immediately updated whenever the situation warrants it.
We are looking forward to seeing you again!
General safety guidelines
• We require that over 15-year-olds wear a face mask on our premises and when attending our events.
• Please do not visit us if you are ill or suspect that you might be ill.
• Use the hand sanitiser stations found in the lobby, the restaurant and the museums. We have intensified the cleaning of our facilities.
• Cough correctly – into your sleeve or a disposable tissue, which you should immediately throw away.
• When purchasing a ticket, the preferred payment methods are card payment, contactless payment and the Museum Card.
• Please maintain a safe distance from other customers and staff when queuing for the ticket desk or restaurant, and consider others when moving about WeeGee.
Measures in customer service, exhibition spaces and the restaurant
• Facilities in use are cleaned in accordance with the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health’s COVID-19 cleaning guidelines. Door handles and any contact surfaces in the facilities are wiped with disinfectant several times a day.
• Service desks are equipped with droplet guards.
• The Futuro house admits only one party at a time.
• WeeGee’s museums have signs or staff instructing visitors on the route to take through the museum.
• To ensure that safe distances can be maintained, lifts may only be used by a maximum of two persons at a time or groups belonging to the same party.
• The restaurant has reduced its number of seats to ensure that safe distances are maintained.
• We have removed touchable objects from the public spaces and museum facilities.
• If you have any questions or wish to submit feedback about our safety measures during your visit, please contact our customer service department or other staff.
WeeGee parking spaces will be expanded in 2021,
there will be a temporary decrease in parking spaces during construction
A large, sheltered new parking facility will be built in front of WeeGee during 2021. During the mining and construction of the underground car park, approximately 30 customer places are in use in front of the exhibition centre from 13 October 2020 to 1 October 2021. The construction site does not affect pick-up and drop-off traffic or the accessible parking spaces at the exhibition centre.
For those arriving at the exhibition centre by car, we recommend using multi-storey car parks and parking areas in Tapiola Centre, where the Tapiola metro station and bus terminal are also located, about 700 metres away.
The WeeGee Exhibition Centre warmly welcomes customers to explore the entire range of exhibitions in our spacious, safe facilities.
Venturo house complements Exhibition Centre WeeGee’s offering. Read more here.