A cultural meeting place
Based in the former offices of the Weilin&Göös publishing house designed by legendary Finnish architect Professor Aarno Ruusuvuori (1925–1992), WeeGee is a museum, exhibition and event hub in Espoo. It houses four museums: EMMA – Espoo Museum of Modern Art, KAMU – Espoo City Museum, the Finnish Toy Museum Hevosenkenkä and the Finnish Museum of Horology. WeeGee also houses the EMMA shop and a café and restaurant Lumière WeeGee. In the yard is the Futuro house, designed by architect Matti Suuronen, which is open to the public from May to September. Exhibitions are also on display in Studio Suuronen. WeeGee offers visitors experiences and inspiration all year round. Welcome to visit us!
The Event and Cultural Services of Espoo’s safety measures during the 2020 autumn season
We comply with safety instructions and guidelines issued by the Regional State Administrative Agency, the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, the Ministry of Education and Culture and the City of Espoo.
Please read our customer safety guidelines when visiting the exhibition centre. The guidelines are immediately updated whenever the situation warrants it.
We are looking forward to seeing you again!
General safety guidelines
• Please do not visit us if you are ill or suspect that you might be ill.
• Use the hand sanitiser stations found in the lobby, the restaurant and the museums. We have intensified the cleaning of our facilities.
• Cough correctly – into your sleeve or a disposable tissue, which you should immediately throw away.
• When purchasing a ticket, the preferred payment methods are card payment, contactless payment and the Museum Card.
• Please maintain a safe distance from other customers and staff when queuing for the ticket desk or restaurant, and consider others when moving about WeeGee.
Measures in customer service, exhibition spaces and the restaurant
• Facilities in use are cleaned in accordance with the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health’s COVID-19 cleaning guidelines. Door handles and any contact surfaces in the facilities are wiped with disinfectant several times a day.
• Service desks are equipped with droplet guards.
• The Futuro house admits only one party at a time.
• WeeGee’s museums have signs or staff instructing visitors on the route to take through the museum.
• To ensure that safe distances can be maintained, lifts may only be used by a maximum of two persons at a time or groups belonging to the same party.
• The restaurant has reduced its number of seats to ensure that safe distances are maintained.
• We have removed touchable objects from the public spaces and museum facilities.
• If you have any questions or wish to submit feedback about our safety measures during your visit, please contact our customer service department or other staff.
Venturo house complements Exhibition Centre WeeGee’s offering. Read more here.