Lagstad School Museum
Due to the decision made by Metropolitan Area coronavirus coordination group all Espoo City Museum's public spaces are closed for three weeks from November 30th until December 20th, 2020.
Welcome to KAMU Espoo City Museum's Lagstad School Museum!
Lagstad School Museum is situated in Lagstad hembygdsgård, the oldest elementary school building in Espoo. Lagstad folkskola was completed in 1873. It was used as a school until the end of the 1954 spring term, when a new school building was finished. After that, the old Lagstad elementary school housed the offices of various Espoo administrative departments.
Nowadays the building has been rented to Esbo Hembygdsförening rf for use as a centre for local history. The building has been restored to what it used to look like when it was an elementary school. A school museum had been planned by the City of Espoo since as early as the 1960s. Artefacts and other material relating to schools were collected for a long time for the Espoo City Museum collections. The Lagstad School Museum was opened in 2003.
Did you visit the Schoolmuseum? Give us feedback!
Open for visitors on Tuesdays at 2-6 p.m.
Esbo Hembygdsförening r.f. tel. 040 843 4903.
Open to groups according to agreement Tue–Fri at 9–15. Reservations for guided tours at least two weeks before the visit, by telephone from Glims Farmstead Museum tel. 09 816 27337 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.